Extension of Status/Stay

Call Our Immigration Attorneys Today to Schedule a Consultation

To schedule an appointment with our experienced immigration lawyers, contact us online or by phone at (305)-573-7418 now.

Permission to enter and/or stay in the U.S. is authorized by the Department of Homeland Security (DHS). If you entered the U.S. on a nonimmigrant visa and you would like to extend your stay in the country, you should apply to DHS and the Immigration Service (USCIS) before your approved stay on the I-94 document is expired.

At Cifuentes-Marrero, P.A., we have helped hundreds of clients achieve their immigration goals. Our extension of status/stay attorneys in Miami are equipped with the necessary knowledge and resources to help you apply to remain in the United States beyond your current visa restrictions.

Who Can Apply to Extend Their Stay?

All individuals who desire to extend their stay in the U.S. must file a Form I-539 with the USCIS.

If you desire to file an extension of status/stay, you must meet several requirements, including:


  • You were legally admitted into the U.S. and have a valid visa
  • You have not been convicted of any crimes that make you ineligible for a visa
  • You have a valid passport that will remain valid during your extended stay
  • You give the necessary evidence that you have adequate financial support
  • You have not violated the conditions of your nonimmigrant visa
  • You have plans to leave the United States at the end of the visa extension period
There are also certain people who are not permitted to apply based on the type of visa they entered the country with. This includes those admitted under the visa waiver program, crew members, or those holding C, K, or S nonimmigrant visas.

Let Us Help You Remain in the U.S.

It is crucial to not stay in the U.S. longer than you are authorized. Failure to exit the country by the expiration of your visa can result in you being removed from the U.S. You could even be barred from ever returning.

If you need to stay in the U.S. longer than your visa allows, do not wait until it is too late. Reach out to Cifuentes-Marrero, P.A. for qualified legal assistance in filing for an extension of status. The USCIS suggests that you apply at least 45 days before your visa expires. Our immigration attorneys in Miami recommend doing so even earlier to make sure your application has plenty of time to be processed.

Call (305) 573-7418 now to set up an appointment with our dedicated immigration lawyers.


As a businessman they have provided my company with knowledgeable and very valuable advice. We have worked with them since 2016 and we are very pleased with the results.


Fully recommended. Excellent immigration attorney firm. Maria and her team took care of my process from H1B all the way to my green card. Thanks guys, you´re the best.


Maria and her Team have immense understanding of the Immigration process, anyone can rely upon them for immigration issues without doubt

Contact Us

Your professional visa solution starts with an initial consulting stage where Maria Cifuentes and her team provide in-depth analysis and options for your specific case. At the end of the first consulting stage, you will have a clear answer and an action plan tailored to your situation, even if multiple conversations are required.

The fee for the initial consulting stage is $350. After almost 20 years of experience, we know that starting with the right immigration strategy is crucial for your future in the USA.