Extension of Status/Stay Lawyers in Miami

Call Our Immigration Attorneys Today to Schedule a Consultation

Permission to enter and/or stay in the U.S. is authorized by the Department of Homeland Security (DHS). If you entered the U.S. on a nonimmigrant visa and you would like to extend your stay in the country, you should apply to DHS and the Immigration Service (USCIS) before your approved stay on the I-94 document is expired.

At Cifuentes-Marrero, P.A., we have helped hundreds of clients achieve their immigration goals. Our extension of status/stay attorneys in Miami are equipped with the necessary knowledge and resources to help you apply to remain in the United States beyond your current visa restrictions.

To schedule an appointment with our experienced immigration lawyers, contact us online or by phone at (305) 573-7418 now.

Who Can Apply to Extend Their Stay?

All individuals who desire to extend their stay in the U.S. must file a Form I-539 with the USCIS.

If you desire to file an extension of status/stay, you must meet several requirements, including:

  • You were legally admitted into the U.S. and have a valid visa
  • You have not been convicted of any crimes that make you ineligible for a visa
  • You have a valid passport that will remain valid during your extended stay
  • You give the necessary evidence that you have adequate financial support
  • You have not violated the conditions of your nonimmigrant visa
  • You have plans to leave the United States at the end of the visa extension period

There are also certain people who are not permitted to apply based on the type of visa they entered the country with. This includes those admitted under the visa waiver program, crew members, or those holding C, K, or S nonimmigrant visas.

Let Us Help You Remain in the U.S.

It is crucial to not stay in the U.S. longer than you are authorized. Failure to exit the country by the expiration of your visa can result in you being removed from the U.S. You could even be barred from ever returning.

If you need to stay in the U.S. longer than your visa allows, do not wait until it is too late. Reach out to Cifuentes-Marrero, P.A. for qualified legal assistance in filing for an extension of status. The USCIS suggests that you apply at least 45 days before your visa expires. Our immigration attorneys in Miami recommend doing so even earlier to make sure your application has plenty of time to be processed.

To get started with your application to remain in the U.S., contact our extension of status/stay lawyers in Miami today at (305) 573-7418.


Why We're the Best Choice for You
  • Offering Cost-Effective Solutions
  • English & Spanish Speakers Available
  • Attorneys Who Care & Provide Thorough Explanations of Your Options
  • Successfully Represented Hundreds of Business Professionals
  • Able to Handle Complex Immigration Cases

Client Reviews

Opinions that Matter Most
  • “Maria's ability to explain legal jargon to us in Spanish has been a key differentiator, making the process clear, and easy to understand.”

    - Edgar V.
  • “I recommend Cifuentes Marrero P.A. 100%. I am now living in USA since 2010 and I became a USA Citizenship thanks to Cifuentes Marrero P.A.”

    - Gaetano P.
  • “They are knowledgeable, patient and most importantly thorough with paper work.”

    - Sanjoy G.

The Cifuentes-Marrero Team

Experienced • Honest • Compassionate